Wednesday, 13 November 2013

Born to Blog – A Book Review


While wandering through a book store recently, I found a book called Born to Blog. After reading the back cover and skimming through the book, I decided to purchase it. Since I have been working on my blog trying to post on a regular basis I thought that finding this book was timely.

Born to Blog – Building Your Blog for Personal and Business Success One Post at a Time is well written and easy to read. The authors provide a review of common traits of successful bloggers. They determined that bloggers have a similar set of skills – Dreamers, Storytellers, Persuaders, Curators or Teachers. They expand on these skill sets in further detail and even provide a small quiz to help you determine your skill set. Some portions of the book do apply more to businesses (as the title indicates) but even these chapters have something to offer the personal bloggers. They discuss How to Measure the Success of your Blog; Developing a Content Plan as well as how frequently you need to post and have a section on how to handle negative comments. There is a chapter devoted to Personal Blogs and Blogging Habits (something I need to work on).

All in all, I have found this book to have some excellent suggestions on how to write, plan and track how well my blog is doing.

Born to Blog
Building Your Blog for Personal and Business Success One Post at a Time
Mark W. Schaefer and Stanford Smith, Copyright 2013
McGraw Hill
ISBN 978-0-07-181116-3
CDN $12.95

3 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

Sounds interesting Chris! Thanks for sharing ;o)

Pam of alwaysartistic said...

Thanks for the review :)

Ayala Art said...

This is interesting. When I started to blog, it still was a weird thing that not many were into... when I heard the word the first tie I thought it was so mysterious :oP