Wednesday, 23 October 2013

Possible Fund Raiser


Do any of you do mind mapping of your ideas? I do, it helps me get everything out of my head and down on paper.
 
Here is a mind map of something I am currently working on.  
 
 
 
I am a big believer in supporting the Canadian Cancer Society and have been thinking of ways to help raise some funds. Check out our TeamMike Facebook page as well as my TeamMike Etsy store.
We have raised $34,668 since we formed as a team in 2010.

Anyway, I wanted an idea that would generate income on a fairly steady basis and incorporate my art. I know some of you may offer home painting parties and I thought this might be a way to go.
 
Painting parties
  • Supplied – Acrylic paint, canvas, brushes, water containers, palettes, knives, instructions; sample of painting to be done.
  • Cost – $20.00/person, minimum 5 people, maximum 20 people
  • 10% of the profits going to the Canadian Cancer Society
  • Paintings – to be developed
  • Collaborative painting – everyone gets a small piece of a bigger painting to be assembled after all are completed – if for a bridal shower, finished painting could go to the bride.

What is your opinion on this? Do you have any suggestions or comments on how to make this work? I would appreciate your thoughts – the good, the bad and yes, the ugly (I can take it). I will do another post to share my progress on this project.

4 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

Chris, I think this is a really interesting idea!

Kathleen said...

It's always good to get all those brainstorming ideas down on paper. Even if they don't seem to work now, they may work in the future.

My local art store and frame shop help with a LOT of charities by donating time, materials, and sometimes space. You may have a local connection who could help with materials and help get the word out, too.

There have been several fundraisers I have seen, which sold ACEOs and other artwork. Artists donated the art and the galleries donated the display space so that all of the fees from the sales could go to the organizations.

Some galleries and art stores will let you put up a small display or flier to get the word out about your fundraiser, too.

Love the bridal shower idea! Sounds like fun. That could be expanded to baby showers and adoptions, too, especially if you can make the projects "kid safe".

Pam of alwaysartistic said...

Sounds like a fun idea Chris... I support Cancer year round in my own way and am just too far away to attend.

paint1chris said...

Thanks Stacy, Kathleen and Pam.

Kathleen your suggestions are great! I will have to try to work them into the plans.