Sunday, 20 October 2013

Out of my Comfort Zone


Yesterday, I told my sister that I was going to work on my blog all day. I had run out of scheduled posts and the ones I was posting lately were getting shorter and boring. The type you would post just for the sake of posting something.

I decided to do a post on using doilies in your painting (in a still life for example). I found one that was quite nice using a technique I was not familiar with but I couldn’t find one using the technique that I use.

So I decided to make my own video. This would be a first for me and outside of my comfort zone. I set up a simple still life and put my little camera on a little tripod and started painting. I found that I can’t talk (intelligently) and paint at the same time. Plus my technique – while is easy – isn’t fast. I soon realized that it would be a pretty boring video, so I stopped recording while I continued to paint. I finished the painting this morning. Today, I will load the video to my computer and see if I can actually load it to this blog. If I can you may just see it in one of my How-To Friday’s postings.
 
This is my set up and my finished painting.


3 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

I love the finished painting Chris! I bet the video wasn't that boring ;o) You made me laugh, when you said you couldn't talk intelligent and paint at the same time! LOL! Take Care ;o)

paint1chris said...

Thanks Stacy. I'm having a bit of a challenge to get the video uploaded but I'll keep trying.

Pam of alwaysartistic said...

Very pretty!