Friday, 25 October 2013

How-To Friday's - Painting a Doily

I found this video on painting lace by Sherie Tengbergen. It involves taking a paper doily and painting a mask through the holes, then painting the doily. It’s an OK technique.

I was taught when painting a doily to paint the holes – in effect negative painting. I will show you what I mean. This is my first attempt at creating a video so be nice with your comments while at the same time, being honest. I need all the constructive criticism that I can get
.
The painting that I am using is in an earlier post.




4 comments:

Ayala Art said...

I love how it turned out! ♥

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Chris, the video looks good, and the doily is amazing! Thanks for sharing.

Magic Love Crow said...

Chris excellent video!! Well done! I love the way the doily turned out! Wow!! Truly breath taking!!

Pam of alwaysartistic said...

Beautiful painting Chris, and video too! You are so talented!