Sunday, 4 April 2010

World Wide Rave - A Book Review

I couldn’t sleep last night so I reached down and picked one of the books from the pile on the floor beside my bed. I thought I had picked the perfect book that would put me to sleep within the first half hour. Five hours later, I finished reading World Wide Rave Creating Triggers That Get Millions of People to Spread Your Ideas and Share Your Stories by David Meerman Scott.

World Wide Rave is about increasing your web presence by creating messages that go viral. You know the ones…you told 5 friends and they told 5 friends and they told 5 friends and so on.
This book captured my attention fast. It is well written and had numerous ideas on how to create your own World Wide Rave. In each segment, Scott provides techniques that others have used to their advantage. The techniques and challenges made me want to get busy starting a World Wide Rave of my own. I’m going to try an ebook –a small one for now to see if I can create at least a ripple.
World Wide Rave Creating Triggers That Get Millions of People to Spread Your Ideas and Share Your Stories
David Meerman Scott, Copyright 2009
Published by John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
ISBN 978-0470-39500-4
CDN $27.95 (US $22.95)


2 comments:

David Meerman Scott said...

Sorry that my book did not put you to sleep!! I love this story of how you read it. Thanks for sharing. David

paint1chris said...

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Now I have to figure out those "Alerts". Chris.