Friday, 6 February 2009

An ACEO is…

Dan made a comment on my last post…thanks Dan. Anyway he commented about my “ACEO…the tree I am unsure what an ACEO is. I can tell it seems to be quite a phenomenon but I can't get my head around it??”

ACEO stands for Art Cards, Editions and Originals. They MUST be 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches, no exceptions. Editions can be open or limited. Other than the size of the card anything goes.

The artwork on the cards can be either portrait format or landscape format. The medium and subject matter are as individual as the artist creating them. Abstract, Impressionism, Surreal, Naïve, any style and any support; canvas, paper, wood. All cards are either original or printed editions of original work.

When I first started creating these cards I thought it would be pretty easy and fast. Wrong! I put just as much effort into creating these cards as I do my other paintings…my thumbnail sketches are almost the same size as the card.

ACEO
What Is an ACEO?
ACEO Auctions

4 comments:

Dan Felstead said...

Thanks Chris...I am going to have to check these out. I have been on ETSY since mid November and have seen these listed and never got it! Going there now.

Dan

paint1chris said...

You're welcome Dan!

Bev said...

Hi Chris I've been doing ATCs for several months but am just getting into the ACEOs...I love doing them..they're addicting!!!
Bevie

paint1chris said...

It is addicting Bevie and depending on your medium, there portable so you can do them almost anywhere.