Wednesday, 25 June 2008

New Internet Group

I joined a new Internet Group-ArtBookWorkshop. It is a “forum to create paintings and works of art from selected art instruction books”. I really like this idea and in fact am a member of other Internet Groups also working though books. I have found that doing this way I actually do the exercises instead of just looking at the pictures.

I have volunteered to lead one of the
ArtBookWorkshop starting in August. The book I selected for review is called Daring Color Mix and Mingle Watercolor on Your Paper written by Anne Abgott. I’m a little nervous about this, but I have a month and a bit to get organized and plan out the exercises.

Daring Color Mix and Mingle Watercolor on Your Paper

Anne Abgott
Hardcover: 128 pages
Publisher: North Light Books (July 18, 2007)
ISBN-10: 158180850X
ISBN-13: 978-1581808506
CDN $37.99 (US $29.99)

If you wish to borrow the book from your local library the Dewey Decimal code is 751.422 ABG.

The techniques provided in this book allow for intense colours without the need for glazing. I’m looking forward to going through this book and hope you can join me.

No comments: