Sunday, 11 May 2008

Competitions – Alberta Zone Show Results

Awhile back I said that I had entered some paintings in the Alberta Zone Show. My zone was Central Alberta. In this Zone Show, the paintings are juried for awards and for advancement to the Alberta Wide Show. The show was this weekend. The jurors reviewed the paintings yesterday.

The categories were: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced and Master. I entered three paintings in the Advanced category. Two of my paintings “First Discovery” and “Family Jewels Series No. 8” were selected to advance to the Alberta Wide Show. “First Discovery” also took the award for the Advanced category!


I think the last time I won an award for my artwork, I was in grade 5. I placed third in a poster contest and my prize was a book – Heidi! I don’t remember what the contest was for, but I still have the book.

7 comments:

peggy gatto said...

Congratulations!!!! You should be so pleased!!!

Linda Espeut said...

Fantastic news Chris. Knew you could do it! :-)

Kathy said...

Congratulations! Well Done!!

Moonwillow said...

A well deserved award for an accomplished artist! Great news!

Gillian McMurray said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful thing to happen.

Marilyn said...

These are both outstanding - very different the first being a bit dreamy. I love the rhinestones or diamonds? They look absolutely like a photo.

purplepaint said...

Chris - Congratulations!!!! You make me want to get back to watercolor painting! I love your family jewels series! Marva