Saturday, 23 February 2008

The New Creative Artist - A Book Review

The New Creative Artist by Nita Leland is a great book and one to add to your library. I’m adding it to mine.

Ms. Leland has themed the titles of her chapters as though you are going on a road trip. And in fact, she takes you on this trip of creativity. You are introduced to various artists and types of art including quilting, weaving, altered art, sculpture and digital art in her chapter entitled Art and Craft: Highways and Byways. Another chapter Design: Mapping Your Route lets you play with the elements and principals of design, while Abstraction: Off the Beaten Path takes those same elements and principals and encourages you to search out alternate routes.

Along the way, she lets you get out of the car and participate in over one hundred different activities that will help jump start your creative battery. I have already selected several activities that I want to try out.

This is a library book and needs to go back to the library today. On my way home, I plan to stop off at a book store and buy a copy that I can keep. I have to be selective in the books I purchase so I borrow from the library first. I’m selecting this book to add to my own personal library.

The New Creative Artist: A guide to developing your creative spirit
Copyright 2006 Nita Leland
North Light Books an imprint of F+W Publications
ISBN 978-158180-756
CDN $39.99 (US $29.99)

1 comment:

Nita said...

Thanks for your positive review of my book, The New Creative Artist. I'm glad you enjoyed the trip. If I can be of any help during your study of the book, please email me: nita@nitaleland.com