Wednesday, 20 February 2008

Competitions – My First Pick

I selected one of the two juried shows I plan to enter this year. This show is with the Alberta Community Art Clubs Association. I will be entering my painting(s) in the Zone Show. My zone is Central Alberta. If my painting(s) should be lucky enough to be selected during the jury process for an award, they will be sent on to the Alberta Wide Show and then re-juried for awards at that show. Also, award winners from all three zones will go forward to the Visual Arts Alberta Association show. That’s a potential of three shows, just by entering one.

The deadline for the Zone Show is April 15. I can enter up to three paintings at $7.00 each (well within the maximum I decided on).Next step for this is deciding on which paintings to enter, getting them framed and delivered. I think one of them will be my current WIP-Watercolour Jewels.

No comments: