Thursday, 14 February 2008

A Collage

I would like to introduce you to my Uncle Harold. I did this collage of him using all the papers I could find on him. I have included copies of the telegram my grandparents received when he was MIA; the Book of Operations of the flights he took part in; his obituary etc. I included a photo family photo. He is the little boy standing in front of my grandfather.

The photos are mounted to a 16 x 20 board of masonite with matte medium. I didn’t have a brayer so I used an old rolling pin. I used glazes of acrylics to push parts of the collage into the background and bring parts forward. I enjoyed doing this collage and will do some more on other family members.

4 comments:

Mary S Hunt said...

I can't believe no one has commented on this piece. Exceptional.

Deb said...

awesome collage Chris....love the way it flows together and the idea is so cool

Deb said...

awesome collage Chris.... such a cool idea...love the way it's put together.

Deb said...

awesome collage Chris...love it the way it flows together and the material you used is such a cool idea