Wednesday, 2 January 2008

Watercolour Jewels

I have been working on this painting for a couple of years now and decided that this is the one I will work through with you. I’m sure to finish it! It is one of my Family Jewels series. These pieces of jewellery were my grandmother’s.

To start with, I scanned the pieces I wanted to paint and then made a small thumbnail sketch. On 140 cold press watercolour paper, I painted a wet-in-wet background. I then transferred my sketch to the paper. I started painting the necklace in the corner.

This is as far as I have done on the painting in the past two years. Other than the background the size of brushes I am using are 2/0, 3/0, 5/0 and 6/0. Each facet of the necklace is painted individually in a mix of wet-in-wet and lost and found edges.




No comments: