Wednesday, 26 December 2007

My First Post

I make goals for myself, not resolutions. Resolutions don’t work for me; they’re not concrete enough. I’m also pretty good at procrastination; as a matter of fact, I excel at it! If I don’t give myself a deadline, it won’t get done.

One of my goals for 2007 was to get a blog up and running. I didn’t give myself a specific deadline for this so here it is December 26 and I’m just starting this now.

I’m not sure why I want a blog exactly, but I think it is at least worth a try to communicate what I am doing with this facet of my life. What I hope to accomplish here is to put my feelings to words; discuss my artistic experiments and to actually use those experiments in some of my paintings. I welcome any constructive criticism you may have to offer to either my postings and/or my work.

2 comments:

UpsideDownSarah said...

Chris, so glad you've joined the blogging world! It will be fun to read about your artistic wanderings. Best wishes for this new endeavor.

SweetLA said...

Good for you, Chris! I started a blog of my paintings one day a couple of months ago, and I have absolutely NO IDEA which site I used.

Oh well, I guess it's out there somewhere.

Leslie