Saturday, 29 December 2007

The Family Jewels

In these two paintings of my “Family Jewels” series I had the challenge of painting metal. They are both oil. One painting has a pearl in the centre and the other painting is strictly metal of various types/colours. These are not big paintings - 6 x 8 inches and 8 x 10 inches. The small painting’s focal point is one earring about the size of a quarter. I put the jewellery on my scanning bed and scanned various images, then made my thumbnail sketches and then painted.

I have a chart for mixing various metals suitable for oil and/or acrylic. If you are interested, please contact me at paint1chris@yahoo.ca and I will send a copy to you.


2 comments:

SweetLA said...

Chris, you have managed to capture the depth and the timelss beauty in your paintings of your grandmother's very fine gemstones.

You have been blessed with a most wonderful gift, and I am thrilled that you are sharing it with others in your teachings.

I look forward to seeing more of your work.


Leslie

Jan Flood said...

Hi Chris, I love your painting of the earrings. I'd like to have your chart mentioned above. Thanks! Jan