Sunday, 30 December 2007

Inspiration from a Book

I read a lot. Art books on painting techniques (the medium doesn’t matter), inspirational or just collections of paintings done by other artists. One of the books I read is The Yoga of Drawing, Uniting Body, Mind and Spirit in the Art of Drawing by Jeanne Carbonetti started me on my series of mask paintings.

I designed my first mask picture based on the techniques and exercises in her book. I like the simplistic look and feel of this mask. It is done with watercolour and India ink.


1 comment:

Compassionate Consumption said...

Hey Chris,
I forgot to mention in my email that I recently started painting this past fall. Something I've wanted to do for many years. I have finished 3 so far (scenery from my trip to Viet Nam).
From what I've seen in your site, looks good. I like your "profile"!
TTYL. Michele